DOGtor Who???

Wednesday, January 30, 2019


Hi, there!
Can you believe January is almost over!? Where does time go!?
Maybe today's card that is up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog can tell me a bit about time...




Newton's Nook Designs Woof Pack Set - Naki Rager


Okay, some of you may be thinking, what's funny about this card?
So let me tell you how I ended up with this design first to make sense.
I decided to make a birthday card for my aunt who rescues dogs (mainly boxers) so the Woof Pack set seemed very appropriate. But if you know me, I like to accessorize the cute NND critters with stuff like little hats and glasses, which is a really easy way to jazz up your favorite NND images! 




This is the 10th doctor from the BBC show Doctor Who, and my aunt and I both LOVED him! So this is why those sunglasses became 3D glasses ;-) 


Newton's Nook Designs Woof Pack Set - Naki Rager


The image was stamped right on the basecard then colored with colored pencils. I actually stamped it on Kraft cardstock first and wasn't planning on coloring the image at all, but you know I LOVE to color 🎨 I just couldn't help myself...{LOL} Can I tell you something crazy? I use an eraser (Prismacolor Magic Rub to be exact) to blend, it works so much better than the colorless pencil! Just don't rub too hard! 


Newton's Nook Designs Woof Pack Set - Naki Rager


My 3D glasses were die cut using the little sunglasses die from the Loveable Llamas Die Set, I just colored in the blue and red lenses with my chameleon markers. I also added some shimmer using the Stella Glitter Pen. Aren't these pups just adorable with their glasses on!? 


Newton's Nook Designs Woof Pack Set - Naki Rager


I was going to find a couple of sentiments to create "I'm the",  then die cut "doctor" (when the doctor says this line, that usually means he's about to save everyone) so I pulled out my favorite Essential Alphabet Die Set and suddenly hit me... A bunch of dog doctors => DOGTOR!!! (I crack myself up! LOL 😆). I die cut the "sentiment" from the Tardis blue (the doctor is an alien who travels through time in his time machine named Tardis, which is this little blue police box) and added starry shimmer (Tardis can travel in the space as well so it made sense...) using the Stella Glitter Pen. 

I know that not everyone appreciates this card but I had a BLAST making it for my awesome aunt! and that's what's important/fun, right!? ;-)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you liked it whether or not you're a whovian (that's what the doctor fans are called...LOL)



1 comment :