Inky Paws Challenge 100th Challenge!

Wednesday, June 26, 2019


Hello, lovelies!
The Inky Paws Challenge is celebrating its 100th challenge with a super fun theme and we are joining in the fun today! "Copycat" has appeared on the IPC site
The rule is to simply pick your favorite theme or color or sketch from the previous challenges OR the special category "your favorite NND product", and create something fun  ;-)


Inky Paws Challenge #19 | Watercolor | Newton's Nook Designs

I picked #19 Use Watercolor!
This was the very first IPC I ever played along (just for fun, check out the card I created back in 2015 HERE).
It wasn't just my first IPC but also the first time I tried watercolor!!! I had always been afraid of watercolor because I totally sucked while in school! I didn't even own any watercolor, I used to use reinkers for my ink pads!

Anyway, here is my take...;-)


Newton Dreams of Paris Set - Naki Rager


I figured I'd use the same stamp set used for the original challenge, which is the Newton Dreams of Paris Set ;-) This was one of the first sets I ordered and it is still one of my fave sets 💚


Newton Dreams of Paris Set - Naki Rager


I fell in love with Jen's adorable images and wanted to play IPC even though it was a watercolor theme!
I think it is safe to say that my watercolor skills have improved since then...{LOL}
I stamped this adorable image with Antique Linen Distress Ink on watercolor paper and colored using various watercolor media, then it was die cut using the Newton Dreams of Paris Die Set. I colored this kitty like my Bramble, I just LOVE his unique marking!


Newton Dreams of Paris Set - Naki Rager


One of my all-time-faves the Essential Alphabet Die Set is perfect for creating your own custom sentiments and for today's card, "Meowci" (instead of merci) seemed fun and appropriate ;-)


Newton Dreams of Paris Set - Naki Rager


Before popping on my kitty with some foam tape, I die cut a puffy cloud using the Sky Borders Die Set, adhered it on the top of the watercolored panel.  I added several clear sequins in various sizes and done! 



One lucky winner from each category will win a $25 store credit to the NND shop! So pick your favorite, get your paws inky, and link up your gorgeous projects by Friday, June 28th at midnight CST.  



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Make sure to play along and share with us!


1 comment :

  1. Great watercoloring! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete