Sacculent Love Card for Newton's Nook Designs

Wednesday, February 5, 2020


Well, hello, there!
I am up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog today!
I wanted to make a card for any occasion today but when you don't have a specific "theme", it can be a bit hard to come up with designs, isn't it? 


Newton's Nook Designs Cultivated Cacti Set - Naki Rager


But just walk around your house/work/outside if you live in a warm place, and you'll be surprised what inspires you! This card was inspired by my plants that are on the shelf right on the windowsill! 


Newton's Nook Designs Cultivated Cacti Set - Naki Rager


These pretty succulents from the Cultivated Cacti Stamp Set were heat embossed with green EP on lime green cardstock. The lovely planters were heat embossed with this light blue (it is my all-time-fave-color Pool Party from SU, it's so old but I just LOVE it!) on kraft cardstock. All the images were die cut using the coordinating Cultivated Cacti Die Set, but sometimes I don't want the outlines so I fussy cut them.  


Newton's Nook Designs Cultivated Cacti Set - Naki Rager


This little flower image is also from the Cultivated Cacti Stamp Set and it was also heat embossed with this peachy pink EP and fussy cut. I layered 2 flowers to create a bit of dimension then added a dollop of yellow crystal drop in the center of the flowers. 


Newton's Nook Designs Cultivated Cacti Set - Naki Rager


A skinny strip of taupe cardstock was popped on with foam tape as the shelf along with a few sentiments from the stamp set that were stamped with black ink then trimmed down to teeny pieces. I kept the background minimal with a little pink and some metallic ink splatters. I mounted the panel onto this pretty floral patterned paper to add just a little more colors and done! ;-)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!


1 comment :

  1. I love the kitty in the boot, and the little quackers so much! your card with the paper piecing might be my favorite of all your cards, though it's hard to pick just one!

    ReplyDelete