Freshly Made Sketches

Thursday, April 11, 2013


Hi there! 
I needed a thank you card, and wanted to try out the Sunflower stamp that I FINALLY bought! And this simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches was just perfect for it:-)


This card really took no time at all to make:-) It helps when you use a big and bold stamp as the focal point, and a fabulous sketch like this one to showcase that image:-)


I heat embossed this beautiful sunflower image with the Early Espresso emboss powder to give an earthy feel, then sponged the petals with Summer Starfruit, and the seeds with Crumb Cake. I purposely sponged outside the image.


To keep the earthy feel, I added the Natural Trim Ribbon, leaving the ends frayed. I love this ribbon, it's so organic! 

My notes...
Stamp set: Sunflower, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit
Ink: Versamark
Accessory: 7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon, Pearl Basic Jewels
Tool: Early Espresso Emboss Powder, Heat tool, Bitty Banners Framelits Die, Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment :

  1. What a beautiful card! This stamp worked perfectly for the sketch -- very creative. And I love your sponging. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete