Celebrate with Flamingos

Monday, May 25, 2015

Hello everyone!
Happy Memorial Day!
I would like to take a minute to salute to those who have fought for this country, and their families. Their bravery and courage will never be forgotten.....


Now back to the card making world...;-) 




I got this cute flamingo set from Newton's Nook a couple weeks ago, and had been dying to play with it! 
I've noticed that flamingos are on trend now... I was clothe shopping for my kids and there are a lot of flamingos for girls, so cute!




I heat embossed this flamingo couple with Calypso Coral emboss powder on the Blushing Bride cardstock, don't they look so lovely!? I decided to die cut with a heart, then I wanted to make my very first shaker card with the Fuse Tool. 
I inserted the flamingos and some sequins in a binder pocket, and went around the heart with the fuse tool. It was my first time using it and had to practice a bit, but it was so much fun! 




The confetti and the sentiment are both from Winnie & Walter. 
The flamingo couple looks so happy and in love, I wanted to celebrate love :-) 
I've been thinking about sending cards to my husband at work, that would surprise him a lot! So this card might be the first love card to him...;-)



My notes...

Stamp: Flirty Flamingos (Newton's Nook)
Paper: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Pistachio Pudding, Gold Foil Sheet, Gold Soiree Specialty DSP
Ink: Versamark
Accessory: Pretty Pink Posh Sequins
Tool: Fuse Tool (We R Memory Keepers), Heat Tool, Calypso Coral Stampin' Emboss Powder, Hearts Collection Framelits Die, The Big, The Bold and Party Cutaways (Winnie & Walter), The Party Confetti Cutaways (Winnie & Walter), Wink of Stella Glitter Pen


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



No comments :

Post a Comment