Advent Calendar with Newton's Nook Designs

Wednesday, November 27, 2019


Hello, lovelies!
Today I am up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog with this super fun project that will keep you and your family excited about Christmas!


Newton's Nook Designs - Naki Rager


So I had this crazy idea to create an advent calendar using a bunch of NND products!
It is actually quite simple, just a bit time consuming! So the first thing I did was to die cut 24 tags using the Tags Times Two Die Set from Kraft with gold patterned paper. The dates were die cut using the Essential Alphabet Die Set and I mounted pieces of black cardstock on the back of the tags where the numbers are. 


Newton's Nook Designs - Naki Rager


Then I grabbed a whole bunch of Christmas stamp sets and started heat embossing them with white EP on these little seed bags. The All Aboard for Christmas Set looks so stinkin' cute on the top row, doesn't it!? The second row is mostly a collection of Mini Stamp Sets, Purr-fect Present, Mistle Toad, Ginger Snap, Fleece Navidad, Llama Delivery, and Puppy Present


Newton's Nook Designs - Naki Rager


Here's a close-up from the other side.
On day 6, I have a kitty Santa in the chimney image from the Santa Paws Newton Set.


Newton's Nook Designs - Naki Rager


Day 13 has light bulbs from the Holiday Lights Mini Set, and we have cute little mice playing the Nutcracker from The Nutcracker Squeak Set on days 14-17. We'll take a look at day 18 a little later... 
On the bottom row, I kind of created frames with the Poinsettia Blooms Set, aren't they gorgeous!!? I carefully lined up 3 bags to heat emboss the Main Street Christmas Set.


Newton's Nook Designs - Naki Rager


On day 18 has this fun image from the Reindeer Roll Call Set. I LOVE how the names and a few reindeer images are jammed in on a small rectangle! 
Day 23 looks super fun with the Let It Snow Mini Set, and Christmas Eve is dressed up with the Poinsettia Blooms Set just like the other side of this row. 


I am going to have pieces of cardstock in 3 colors and let my 3 kids pick a color (my youngest is autistic so she won't participate), then these bags will hold one of the colors each day and when they get their color, they can each pick a teeny weeny toy from a box (because they didn't fit in these bags..LOL). This way, they all get the same number of toys, and this mama doesn't have to pick who goes first! HA!
I think we'll have fun until Christmas Day!


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment