Inky Paws Challenge

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Hello there!
Today I am playing along with a little kitty named Newton, over at Newton's Nook Design, Inky Paws Challenge 19.


Inky Paws Challenge #19 | Watercolor | Newton's Nook Designs


I have never even tempted to use watercolor on my card before!
Sure, I have colored with the Stampin' Markers and Blender Pan, but never involved actual water! 
But I tried, and here is my card...




Say hello to Newton! Isn't he just adorable!?
I stamped him on Watercolor paper and cut around him, then the fun began...
I watched this video that Newton's Nook posted on their Facebook Page "10 ways to watercolor" by SImon Says Stamp, it was a big help since I had no idea how!




I used my Stampin' Marker and Clear Blocks to color him and the hot air balloon. It was one of the 10 ways in the video. I Chose Blushing Bride for his little nose and ears and the hearts, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, and Daffodil Delight for the balloon, and Crumb Cake for the basket. I chose light colors in case I messed up big time, I cold just water it down and wipe it off...ha ha

This was my favorite part, I heat embossed the Eiffel Tower from the same stamp set, Newton Dreams of Paris, and the little splatters from the Gorgeous Grunge in gold, then just brushed Blushing Bride all over the watercolor paper. 




The sentiment is also from the Newton Dreams of Paris set, I heat embossed it on a piece of Vellum, then trim the right side to make it into a banner. 
I used the Etcetera DSP pack. If you look closely, there is a green and white stripes under the watercolor paper. That is actually the other side of the sign/newspaper design. 



My notes...

Stamp: Gorgeous Grunge, Newton's Nook Newton Dreams of Paris
Paper: Crumb Cake, Watercolor Paper, Vellum, Etcetera DSP (Retired)
Ink: Stazon, Versamark, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight Stampin' Markers, Water
Tool: Heat Tool, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Paint Brush


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!

3 comments :

  1. Wow! You sure have been a busy lady with all your card recently! This card turned out to be quite FABULOUS! The layers are so lovely and that GOLD - OOOH! I can't believe I missed this challenge while on "prize patrol..." OOPS! Now I have to go play...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous! I'm so glad you tried watercolor because your card turned out amazing! I love the blush all over the background and the splatters of gold! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty design! Love the soft pastel watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete