Throwback Thursday Challenge

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hi there!
Hope you're having a lovely week!
Today I am playing along with the Throwback Thursday Challenge over at WPlus9 Design Studio for the very first time!




Here's how to play.
On their blog, one of their DT members has 3 samples made with this stamp set above. You can use one of her samples as inspiration, even use this stamp set if you own one, and just start creating with something old that needs some love and ink!




I was inspired by 2 of the samples.
My choice of "oldies but goodies" is that cupid stamp from P.S.I Love You by Stampin' Up!.




I absolutely loved the XO Border on the first card! I used the love die from the Love Shower Layers Die set. I die cut 5 of them, placed them on my stitched rectangle, and actually used that piece of washi tape just to keep them in place while I sewed them on, but I liked how it looked so decided to add underneath instead! I guess it was a happy accident ;-)




Here is my "oldies but goodies", my cupid.
I water colored a piece of watercolor paper with Crisp Cantaloupe then heat embossed him with white, then punched it out with the Sweetheart Punch. I wanted to add another heart behind it so used the pink vellum, then I wanted another one in white so used the patterned vellum. I adore the look of stitches on hearts so that's exactly what I did with the vellum hearts. 




The background was stamped with this little cluster of tiny hearts from the Smart Kitty Stamp Set. This card design was inspired by the 2nd sample, it was just so clean and adorable!



My notes...

Stamp: Smart Kitty (WPlus9), P.S.I Love You (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Watercolor Paper, Sheer Basics Vellum Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey Ink), Pink Vellum (Studio Calico)
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush
Accessory: Halloween Washi Tape (Stampin' Up!)
Tool: Heat Tool, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Sweetheart Punch (Stampin' Up!), Love Shower Layers Die (WPlus9), Die-namics Blueprint 15 (My Favorite Things), Sewing Machine



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



No comments :

Post a Comment