Inky Paws Challenge 34

Friday, July 22, 2016

Hello there, Happy Friday!
We have a new Inky Paw Challenge starting today over at the Newton's Nook Designs Blog, and I joined the fun!



Now you see why I had to play along!?
Here is my summer card...;-)




I have so many fond memories of playing on the beach when I was growing up!
I actually didn't build sand castles, or sleep in a hammock like these pretty kitties tho *Hee Hee*




I stamped the kitty in a hammock from the Aloha Newton set, and the kitty building a sand castle from the Newton's Summer Vacations set with Sahara Sand on watercolor paper, and water colored. I gave both kitties nice tans with Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake, and the rest was colored with my Zig Clean Color Brushe set.  I heat embossed the sentiment with Pool Party, then popped the coconut drink next to it. 




I added a piece of distress paper that was die cut with some foam tape to add some texture and dimension. I was actually done there but the right side needed some colors so I popped the bucket image from the Newton's Summer Vacation set. 
I don't need to tell you about the sequins, right!? *Hee Hee*



*my notes*
Stamp: Aloha Newtons, Newton's Summer Vacations (Newton's Nook Designs)
Paper: Pool Party (SU!), Core'dinations Tim Holtz Nostalgic Kraft Cardstock, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake Reinkers (SU!), Zig Clean Color Brush
Accessory: Cupcake Mix Flower Sequins (Paper Sweeties), Walter's Sparkly Shaker Collection:Little Things from Lucy's Cards (Winnie & Walter)
Tool: Heat Tool, Pool Party Emboss Powder (SU!), Stitched Hills Border Lawn Cut (Lawn Fawn)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Now get your thinking "cat" on, make something fun and summery with Newton, and link up to the Inky Paws Challenge #34



No comments :

Post a Comment