Newton's Nook Designs

Tuesday, July 19, 2016



Hi there, happy Tuesday!
Today I am up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog
Did you all enjoy their huge release last week!?
I was so inspired by the DT members, such talented ladies!

Here is my card ;-)




I just got the Flower Garden set, was dying to color this beautiful sunflower!
Well, I get carried away when watercoloring, I added too many colors and it didn't look right! *HaHaHa*




So when something like that happens, I come up with a totally different design *LOL*
I heat embossed this beauty and that gorgeous sentiment (I LOVE that font! So beautiful!!) on vellum, stamped another flower on watercolor paper and very roughly colored it. I then lined up both images and very carefully trimmed them, and added the pretty frame on top. I LOVE the soft look the vellum gives!




I love sunflowers because they stand so tall and fallow the sun, just beautiful :-)
So I thought this cute cloud paper would look really good with it!
I sewed it directly on to my base, then added a little linen thread to give a rustic feel to this card ;-)



*my notes*
Stamp: Flower Garden (Newton's Nook Designs)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Sweet Lil' Things DSP, Vellum (SU!), Glossy White Cardstock (Ranger), Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versamark, Zig Clean Color Brush
Accessory: Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Linen Thread (SU!)
Tool: Scallop Rectangle Die (Pretty Pink Posh), Heat Tool, White Emboss Powder (SU!), Sewing Machine



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it! 

No comments :

Post a Comment