Newton's Nook Designs

Wednesday, August 29, 2018


Hello, Newton lovers!
Today I am up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog!
My kids' school is starting next week and I'm so sad to say bye to summer! but that also means my favorite holiday is getting closer...Halloween! So that's today's theme here ;-)


Newton's Nook Designs Newton's Boo-tiful Night Set - Naki Rager


I LOVE Halloween! 🎃
I make little treats for my kids' classmates and teachers, so cute little tags to go with them are a must for me! But blogging about one little tag is kind of sad {LOL} so I thought, hey! Let's use a stencil on a treat bag and show a cute packaging! For today's Halloween treat, I used the new Flying Bats Stencil to dress it up a bit ;-) Plus, this tag has a couple surprises, too ;-)


Newton's Nook Designs Newton's Boo-tiful Night Set - Naki Rager


First I picked this fun striped paper for today's tag, and I borrowed this tag die with a peek-a-boo window. Then I die cut the "Trick or Treat" from the new Halloween Trio Die Set, placed it on the window and applied lots of sparkles using the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen. The cute little witch kitty is from the Newton's Boo-Tiful Night Set, he's actually riding on a broom but I fussy cut it to just have his head and paws. 


Newton's Nook Designs Newton's Boo-tiful Night Set - Naki Rager


Here is surprise #1, you lift the window and you see these teeny bats saying BOO! but one of them is apparently mistaken its identity and thinks its an owl...LOL These bats are also from the Halloween Trio Die Set. The little speech bubbles from the new Boo Hoo Mini Set were heat embossed on vellum and fussy cut.


Newton's Nook Designs Newton's Boo-tiful Night Set - Naki Rager


Here is surprise #2!
You flip the tag and there are this adorable Jack-O-Lantern and Newton's little bum hanging! 
The Jack-O-Lantern was die cut from this fun chevron paper using the Pick A Pumpkin Die Set. I die cut his face out of it, and from black cardstock and pieced them in. 


Newton's Nook Designs Newton's Boo-tiful Night Set - Naki Rager


To create Newton's bum, I stamped the kitty on a broom image on watercolor paper and die cut using the new Newton's Boo-Tiful Night Die Set. I then fussy cut it right along the outlines so the back of his head would line up with the front of his face, and because there are no outlines on the back, I needed to see the exact shape. I flipped the kitty over and roughly colored to see what is where, then I started to add more details and when that looked all good, I drew the outlines with Sakura Micron 005 pen to give a more defined look. 


Newton's Nook Designs Newton's Boo-tiful Night Set - Naki Rager


For the finishing touch, I added a few gold star confetti ;-)
Hope you liked my little tag with lots of tiny details today because I had so much fun making it! ;-)


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a lovely day! ;-)



No comments :

Post a Comment