Dainty Love

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Hi my lovely friends!
Today I wanted to share 2 cards I made...




I am loving both cards! 




I made this card first.
I watercolored with Gumball Green and Pool Party on watercolor paper, then die cut that  oh-so-pretty flower, then die cut the sentiment slightly overlaying on the stem. I sewed the watercolor paper on the So Saffron patterned paper, also glued little pieces around the flower and sentiment because they were flopping around. Then I placed those excess pieces from die cutting inside the negative images.




I die cut those cute little hearts in some washi paper from Stampin' Up!, I didn't realize they were self-adhesive, how convenient! 




Now onto my 2nd card...
As you can see, I used the die cuts from the first card. It seemed such a waste to just throw them out! All they needed was some pretty patterned paper to go with, and I found a perfect match! It really didn't need anything fancy, so I die cut my fringe, then sewed it with my watercolored die cuts.




I did add a few gold sequins. 
They're so tiny, they didn't disturb my dainty design ;-)


My notes...

Paper: Very Vanilla, Thick Whisper White, Washi Paper, So Saffron DSP Pack (Retired Patterns), Watercolor Paper, Gold Vellum (Studio Calico), Market Street Patterned Paper Pack
Ink: Gumball Green and Pool Party Reinker
Accessory: 4mm Gold Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh) 
Tool: Dainty Flower, Hearts,and Love Word Wise Dies (Paper Smooches), Sewing machine





Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



No comments :

Post a Comment