Picture Perfect Challenge

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hi there!
I am playing along with Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect Challenge today! 






Super cute inspirational photo!
Here is my take...




I took the photo literally!




I loved the organic feel the photo gave me, the colors of those rocks are so lovely! I grabbed the Smoky Slate, Baja Breeze, and Naturals Ivory cardstock, and the row of tiny leaves die from the Seasoned Tree Wise Die set for the little rocky birds. I glued down a snippet of Hemp Twin as a branch. I love how that little stray decided to stick out! I drew the tiny beaks with the Basic Gray Stampin' Marker. I was planning on drawing stick legs as well, but the marker wouldn't fit in between the hemp and the birds! Ha Ha 
The sentiment is from the Best Buds (SUPER cute set!), I love how its curve matches the curve of the hemp! No, I didn't do it purposely, it just happened!




I added some clouds just because they are the cutest clouds ever...lol 

My base is 6" x 3-1/2", I thought the design kind of looked Japanese, and I remember using long rectangle envelopes all the time when I was growing up, so that is the reason for the odd size. I've made 6" x 3" cards, but I didn't really like how skinny they were, so I added 1/2" to this one, and I like it!



My notes...

Stamp: Best Buds (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Smoky Slate, Baja Breeze, Vellum
Ink: Baja Breeze
Accessory: Hemp Twin (Retired)
Tool: Clouds, and Seasoned Tree Wise Dies (Paper Smooches)


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



No comments :

Post a Comment