Freshly Made Sketches Challenge 307

Friday, September 29, 2017

Hello, lovelies!
Today I am sharing this card I made to enter the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge!
Check out this week's sketch by Jen Timko ;-)



Isn't this a fun sketch!?
I LOVED Jen's card with this sketch, and it totally inspired me to play along!
Alright, here is my take...;-)




My little sister's birthday is next month (we're Irish twins, 11 months apart!) so I figured I'd make something for her ;-) We haven't seen each other ever since I left Japan 19 years ago! I miss her so much, thank goodness we have all these technologies now!




I just got this super adorable Yeti from Mama Elephant ;-)
I heat embossed this cutie with Smoky Slate Embossing Powder on watercolor paper, colored him with Zig Clean Color Real Brush set, then die cut with the coordinating die. The banner is from another set by Mama Elephant, which has this banner and a star garland for Mr.Yeti to hold, and a bunch of sentiments. I heat embossed the banner with silver on vellum, die cut with the coordinating die, and wrote HAPPY with silver gel pen myself ;-)




This skinny, long banner was water colored with the same 3 colors that I used on my Yeti. I taped it down diagonally on my grid paper and colored every 1/4", then used silver from Kuretake Gansai Watercolor to draw lines between colors to match the banner ;-)


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



4 comments :

  1. This is adorable! Such a sweet card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Naki! This little yeti and your amazing style are the perfect combination. So glad you joined us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card! I love the yeti and the bright colours! Thanks for joining us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete