MFT 2017 Design Superstar Contest

Monday, September 18, 2017


Hi, there!
I'm making a quick stop to share this card that I made for the My Favorite Things 2017 Design Superstar Contest today!
They have 3 categories and I am entering this one to the Innovation Master!



MFT London Mouse Set - Naki Rager


I used the My Favorite Things London Mouse set to create a little London street ;-)
All the images were heat embossed with light gray embossing powder on watercolor paper, water colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush set, then fussy cut. 
The Stitched Scallop Circle Die-namics was used for my little background, which was sponged with Distress Oxide ink in Broken China and Cracked Pistachio, and splattered some water, then added tiny dots with white acrylic paint using the top of a paintbrush.  


MFT London Mouse Set - Naki Rager


Of course, I had to make the double-decker bus go!
The Big Ben was mounted on the scallop circle, the adorable houses were popped on with foam tape, and I used thicker foam tape to place my lovely bus ;-) I didn't have a sentiment that would go well with this little town, so I die cut "HI." with the Emmitt Alphabet Die-namics from white cardstock, chopped them, then mounted them onto a peachy cardstock. 



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



5 comments :

  1. I love your idea of using light gray EP, which brand did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I used Stampin' Up Smoky Slate Embossing Powder, but I think it's no longer available...:-(

      Delete
  2. Wow Naki! This is fabulous! Your water coloring is pure perfection and I love that the bus is on a slider. Good luck. Hope your card wins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Thank you Birgit :-) You're such a sweetheart :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow, your coloring is awesome... so delicate and beautiful. I love everything about this card! Good luck in the challenge! ^_^

    ReplyDelete