Newton's Nook Designs

Wednesday, September 27, 2017



Hello, there lovelies!
Hope your week is going fantastic!
Today I am up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog, and I made this fun, nautical card ;-)


Newton's Nook Designs Dress Up Doxies Set - Naki Rager


Arrrrrrrf! {giggle}
I needed a thank you card, and the recipient used to have this awesome doxie named Danny, so I grabbed the Dress Up Doxies set immediately! 
My original design was to watercolor the background and be CAS, but how could I not use these fun nautical patterned papers!? Those colors are actually brighter and really pretty, but my photography skills totally suck and it came out washed out...:-(



Newton's Nook Designs Dress Up Doxies Set - Naki Rager


I stamped this matey with Antique Linen Distress Ink on watercolor and colored him with Zig Clean Color Real Brush set as usual. Danny was chocolate colored and that's what I started with, but oh man, I simply cannot color well with dark colors! So I tried again with this lighter brown. As you can see, I did color his scarf with bright colors to coordinate the patterned papers (sort of...lol) though.



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



No comments :

Post a Comment