Newton's Nook Designs

Wednesday, August 28, 2019



Hi, there, my crafty friends!
Wow, August has gone by so fast, it is almost over!!!
The weather is already cool here and I am so sad that the summer is ending!
Anyway, I am up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog today with this fun card I made for my niece in Japan!



Newton's Nook Designs Stowaway Newton Set - Naki Rager


Can I say I am very pleased with how this card turned out!!?
I know, that sounds like I am so full of myself but can't help it! {LOL}


Newton's Nook Designs Stowaway Newton Set - Naki Rager


I colored this sweet kitty from the Stowaway Newton Stamp Set like my Bramble, his markings are just so unique and interesting! The suitcases were colored with fun colors just because ;-) After watercoloring this adorable image, it was die cut using the coordinating die. 


Newton's Nook Designs Stowaway Newton Set - Naki Rager


This awesome sentiment was heat embossed with light blue EP on vellum.
I love to staple vellum pieces, I think those little staples look grungy, and add a very interesting texture, and they make sure to hold the piece in place for me as well!


Newton's Nook Designs Stowaway Newton Set - Naki Rager


This beautiful bon voyage sentiment die is a bonus die that comes with the Stowaway Newton Die Set. I die cut it from the copper foil paper and mounted on this globe image that was nested inside the instant photo frame. I was totally inspired by this bracelet set that has these adorable rose gold traveling charms on! 


Newton's Nook Designs Stowaway Newton Set - Naki Rager


My niece and I just started to follow each other on IG in July and talked about her visiting me here in the US. It was too close to plan such a big trip for this summer so my mom and I decided to wait till next summer. I felt bad for making her all excited about this trip and now she has to wait a whole year, so when I saw this bracelet set, I HAD TO get it for her! Those charms inspired me to make this adorable card, hopefully, they'll keep my niece happy until she can get on a plane to visit me!



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!


No comments :

Post a Comment