Make a Wish

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hello there!
I made a card for my baby cousin, and it was inspired by these colors over at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge!


Pals Paper Arts PPA297


I had a mixed feeling about this color combo...
Pool Party is my favorite color of all! but Wisteria Wonder...not so much.
BUT! I was making a birthday card for my cousin who loves Disney (well, who doesn't though, right!?) and had this digi image that I wanted to use, and these colors actually worked very well!




I had already had this design in my head, then one of the blogs that I follow was featuring her card for the CAS[E] this Sketch Challenge, and it had the same sketch! 




Well, my sketch was up-side-down though, but why not play along!?




I had been having some difficulties printing on watercolor paper again, then I realized, I wasn't using the same kind of watercolor paper! So I got a pad of them, and what do you know! My stubborn printer likes this paper! 
So I was able to print this gorgeous castle image that I got from A Day for Daisies, colored it with Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder, and Smoky Slate Stampin' Reinkers. The bushes were colored with the mixture of Pool Party and Daffodil Delight, don't they make a pretty green!? The background was very lightly colored with Soft Sky. (I realized later that blue sky didn't make sense with the stars in the sky...LOL)




"Make a Wish" 
Because it's a birthday card, also fairy tales are all about dreams and wishes coming true, right? Just perfect ;-) A little sparkle was added with my lovely glitter pen. 




I really didn't want to disturb the beauty of this castle image, but it needed just a little more sparkles...so what do we add? Sequins! Those tiny iridescent sequins make this whole card so magical :-) and a few tiny silver stars won't distract the design either, right ;-)



My notes...

Stamp: Where Dreams Come True (A Day for Daisies), Count The Stars (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Pool Party, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky Stampin' Reinkers, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen
Accessory: Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tool: Die-namics Stars and Wishes, Blueprint 15 (My Favorite Things)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!


6 comments :

  1. Naki, this is so delightful! Love the Disneyland digi image, perfect for a child's card. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is priceless Naki. So beautiful. Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts Color Team this week. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so fun! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found the colors worked for your vision of the card. I am sure your Disney loving cousin will adore it. Who doesn't love Cinderella's castle? Thank you for sharing your creativity with the Pals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. That stamp set is perfect for our challenge colors this week. Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun, Naki! Perfect use of these colors. Such a great card! I'm so glad you played along with this week's Pals Paper Arts color challenge.

    ReplyDelete