Newton's Nook Designs

Wednesday, January 31, 2018



Hello, lovelies!
I am up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog today! Woo Hoo!
Can you believe today is the last of January!? Seriously, where does time go!?
Hope you all got your favorites from the NND January release and had some time to play with them ;-)



Newton's Nook Designs Deer Friend Set - Naki Rager


Honestly, every set from Newton's Nook Designs is my fave, but this adorable Deer Friend set, which is one of the newly released sets this month, totally stole my heart 💗 


Newton's Nook Designs Deer Friend Set - Naki Rager



This sleeping fawn is just so peaceful and sweet, I'm simply in LOVE with this image 💗 
So I stamped this cutie on 4"x5-1/2" watercolor paper with Antique Linen Distress Ink then watercolored. I love the soft look of no-line coloring, but on this babe, I did a bit of what I call "fuzzy coloring" as well. I didn't go too crazy with the fur, only made the outlines look fuzzy. I also watercolored grass, and colored the sky with very very light blue. 


Newton's Nook Designs Deer Friend Set - Naki Rager



The sentiments that come in this set are also very sweet 💗
I used this one because this is a thank you card for someone who is very dear to me. I heat embossed the sentiment with dark brown, then with the new Tumbling Hearts Stencil (another item I am so in love with 💗), I lightly sponged some hearts around the sentiment. 


Newton's Nook Designs Deer Friend Set - Naki Rager


I distressed the watercolor paper to make this panel look like a page from a vintage book. Then I was going to add washi tape and be done, but I got the idea to use my crepe paper AKA: streamer. I made raffles and sewed in the center, then glued it down on my base. I placed this skinny washi tape on the ruffles, and mounted the front panel on top. 
It turned out to be sort of shabby chic and I just love it! 


Newton's Nook Designs Deer Friend Set - Naki Rager


I was going to stamp thank you on the inside, but I did this instead ;-)
The sentiment is from the Simply Relative set, which was stamped with dark brown. This set is an awesome set to have for sure! I also stamped the fern image from the Deer Friend set with green to dress up a bit ;-) 



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
We are going to have a fun blog hop this Friday so please do come back!



No comments :

Post a Comment