Winnie & Walter 4th Birthday Bash Challenge

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hello, Lovelies!
Today I am playing along with one of the fun challenges over at the Winnie & Walter Blog! They're celebrating their 4th birthday this month, and my hubby asked me for a sympathy card so I thought, hey! an excuse to play! {LOL}


Winnie & Walter Anna's Flora Set - Naki Rager


You obviously don't want bright colors or tons of sparkly embellishments on a sympathy card, but it also doesn't need to be boring either. I chose the In Bloom: Anna's Flora stamp set, the flowers in this set are just gorgeous, and tasteful for sympathy cards ;-)


Winnie & Walter Anna's Flora Set - Naki Rager


White chrysanthemums are usually the flower used at funerals in Japan, so it looked appropriate for this occasion (at least to me...). I actually googled them to see the different colors, and this beautiful hot pink stole my heart 💗 The tips of petals had some yellow-green, which is absolutely gorgeous! So I had to color mine that way 💚 The white one was stamped and colored with Antique Linen Distressed Ink, and the pink one was stamped with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and colored with a few shades of pinks. 


Winnie & Walter Anna's Flora Set - Naki Rager


Everybody needs hugs when they're sad, and this sentiment die from The Big, The Bold, and Friends Cutaways was just perfect! My obsession with the sentiment dies started with The Big, The Bold collection, the font is just gorgeous 💗 Of course, I LOVE the In a Word collection also, I own most of them {LOL} Anyway, this one was die cut from watercolor paper, mint and hot pink cardstock then all were mounted on top of each other. I did some ombre watercolor on the watercolor paper piece to match the tip of the flower petals. Instead of just a plain base, I die cut the Cover Model: The Leaf Effect Cutaway from Linen Cardstock, isn't it just beautiful!!?



What I love about this design is that it doesn't have to be a sympathy card! Keep the sentiment for another occasion, or change it to something else ;-) Or you can even use a different flower from the same stamp set!


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!


No comments :

Post a Comment