Newton's Nook Designs

Wednesday, May 30, 2018


Happy Wednesday, lovelies!
I am up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog today with this card I made with the new Peony Blooms Set (they're simply gorgeous, I cannot stay away from them!).


Newton's Nook Designs Peony Blooms Set - Naki Rager


This card is CAS and shabby chic, I love how it turned out!




So my very dear friend and a partner in crime Nina (She's back in the blog land! Woo Hoo! Click HERE and check out her blog!) took this beautiful photo with lovely peonies from her garden and I was totally inspired by it! Not only the blooms are gorgeous, but I am loving all the different media in this photo!


Newton's Nook Designs Peony Blooms Set - Naki Rager


The very first thing I did was heat embossed the Mason jar image from the lovely Blooms Set with light gray embossing powder on watercolor paper and die cut it with the coordinating die. I also wrote "NND" on the jar with a white gel pen and added shadows with the Cool Gray Clean Color Real Brush Watercolor Pen. Next thing was stamped a couple peonies with Antique Linen Distress Ink on watercolor paper and watercolored them with yellows. I know Nina's flowers are pale pink but I really like yellow flowers, so cheerful 💛


Newton's Nook Designs Peony Blooms Set - Naki Rager


I borrowed the wish die from the Balloon Shaker Die Set and die cut it from the Therm-O-Web Foam Adhesive and foiled it. Here's a little tip; cut out a small piece of foam adhesive first, foil it THEN die cut, the die cutting machine presses down the foil very evenly and nicely! Leave the sentiment in the die until you're ready, then place it on your card and gently push it out with a piercing tool. 


Newton's Nook Designs Peony Blooms Set - Naki Rager


I die cut the woodgrains from the Gray Core'dinations Cardstock and sand it down, tor, tore off the right side of the panel, sewed a doily onto it, then mounted on a white linen cardstock. A little gold thread behind the jar, Jude twine on the jar, and several sparkling clear confetti, done ;-) 


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



No comments :

Post a Comment