Newton's Nook Designs Retiring Products Feature Week

Thursday, March 19, 2020


Hey, there, lovelies!
I hope everyone is staying healthy and well in this crazy time!
Did you see that Newton's Nook Designs is having a retiring sale on their website? 
It's time to make room for new products so they are retiring select designs! These designs are available at up to 40% off while supplies last so hurry to get your favorites before they're gone for good! 

All week the NND Design Team will be sharing inspiration using some of their favorite products from our retiring list! Check out what I created today and don't forget to check the NND Blog each day this week for more fun inspiration!


Newton's Nook Designs Message In A Bottle Set - Naki Rager


I am so sad to see the Message In A Bottle Set go!!!
It is such a fun and cool set 💛


Newton's Nook Designs Message In A Bottle Set - Naki Rager


First, I watercolored this awesome octopus in yellow then die cut him out using the coordinating Message In A Bottle Die Set. I die cut 3 more so that I could stagger them (I really should get some chipboard, you know!!?). Now the fun but time-consuming part! I traced the outside of the bigger bottle die with a pencil on white cardstock and fussy cut, I think I made 5 of them. Then to create a window for my shaker, I die cut all of them with the bottle die. I did the same thing with vellum, which was mounted on top of the acetate sheet that I also fussy cut. Mr. Octopus and the bottle are about the same thickness so that he wouldn't get buried in the bead seawater. 


Newton's Nook Designs Message In A Bottle Set - Naki Rager


I couldn't NOT use this cool scroll of letter image for this cute sentiment!
I stamped the image with brown on kraft cardstock for a vintage look and added some shadows with colored pencils. The sentiment was heat embossed with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder for an aged look. I used the same distress EP on the anchor except for this, I only sprinkled a pinch of it before covering the image with yellow EP to make it rusty. I made a little hole using the 1/8" hole punch. 




This cool background was created with the Waves Stencil.
I added waves with the Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink first, then shifted the stencil just a little bit and added more waves with the Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Ink. I went over the waves with the Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink very lightly and splattered a little bit of water. I assembled my card and thought it was missing something... I went to my bedroom to grab one of the necklace extensions, colored it with copper acrylic paint, and hooked it to the anchor. 


So many awesome sets are retiring so don't forget to check out the Retiring Products Category to see what is going away and grab your favorites before they are gone for good!


Thanks for stopping by!
Stay healthy, stay safe, and be kind to each other 😊
Helping each other is what we need in this difficult time!





No comments :

Post a Comment