Mix It Up Challenge

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hi there!
Today I have this card I made for the Mix It Up Challenge over at Ellen Hutson. They pick one of the manufactures on their site, and you make a project with the product(s) of that chosen company along with the Essentials by Ellen line. And the latest challenge is to use Avery Elle! Woo hoo! She is one of my favorites! 




I always thought that Pistachio Pudding and Pool Party are pretty similar, but when I stamped them on the Whisper White base, they were exactly the same! Now how is that possible!? I wanted ombre stripes, so to fix the problem, I stamped Bermuda Bay over the Pistachio Pudding stripes (bottom 2 lines), then stamped Pool Party over Pool Party, and the top 2 lines were stamped lightly on my grid paper first then on the base card. 




I stamped the sentiments from the Hello Gorgeous set from Essentials by Ellen with White Vearsamark, then heat embossed with the Ranger Frosted Crystal emboss powder thinking it was white, well, it's crystal clear...lol Good thing I used the white ink! I kind of liked the washed out white so I kept it! 




I absolutely love the You Rock Die set! 
I actually don't wear a lot of jewelry, especially big pieces. I'm afraid to lose them...Ha Ha But that big rock sure is fabulous!



My notes...

Stamp: Hello Gorgeous (Essentials by Ellen), Brushed (Avery Elle) 
Paper: Whisper White, Vellum, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, White Vesamark
Accessory: Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Teal Glittered Gumdrops (Your Next Stamp)
Tool: Heat Tool, Ranger Frosted Crystal Emboss Powder, You Rock Designer Die (Essentials by Ellen) 


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed i!



1 comment :

  1. Such gorgeousness! I absolutely love your ombre stripes - good thinking with the double stamping :)

    ReplyDelete