My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 230

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hi! Happy Saturday!
I am playing along with My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge today!




Fun, isn't it!?
I love their design team, they always make such fabulous cards, and they definitely motivate me to play! 
Here is what I came up with...




Inspirations are anywhere, and everywhere!
My twin boy was wearing this navy blue romper (I LOVE rompers on babies!) that has a bunch of anchors on it, and that inspired me to make a nautical card :-)

My husband is passionate about marine life, he actually wanted to be a marine biologist when he was young. And his favorite sea creature is octopi, I got the Sea Street set because of this cute little octopus:-)




I stamped him with Coastal Cabana then stamped again with versamark on top, then heat embossed with clear emboss powder. Then the fun part, fussy cutting him! I admit, it is not the best cutting job, but those tentacles got in my way and it was so hard! 
His tiny eyes kind of disappeared after heat embossing so I used the Owl Builder Punch and the 1/8" circle punch to make him a new pair ;-)




I absolutely loved that fish image on the DSP so I carefully positioned everything in the right place and left his face peeking out:-)  
I even used vellum for the banner, and picked Whisper White for the sentiment so it wouldn't disturb the design.  
I am going to stamp "Happy father's Day" on the inside and give to my lovely husband. I hope he will love it enough that he'll take it to his office to show off! ;-)



My notes...

Stamp: Sea Street
Paper: Whisper Whited, Crumb Cake, Basic Black (eyes), Vellum, Maritime DSP
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Versamark
Tool: Heat Tool, Ranger Frosted Crystal Emboss Powder, Die-namics Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things), Ornate Tag Topper Punch, Owl Builder Punch, 1/8" Circle Punch, Stars Framelits Die, You're Amazing Die (Simon Says Stamp), Stick It Adhesive Sheet, Stampin' Dimensionals



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
And do not forget to come back tomorrow, I have a VERY exciting post for you...!



1 comment :

  1. This card is so so cute! You did a fabulous job fussy cutting the octopus! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete