CASEing

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hello dear!
Today I have a fun card that I made for this little challenge that my upline Mary (Click HERE to go to her lovely blog, Stampin' Pretty!) offers us on our private FB page :-)

So Mary has this guy called "Bandit" lurking around our Pals Gallery looking for a project, and each week he looks for a specific theme. This week, He is looking for a project that was CASE'd from the samples in the current Stampin' Up! catalogs. Of course we get to add our own twists to it ;-)




I picked this awesome card from page 42 in the Annual Catalog.
(click HERE for the catalog PDF to see!)
I made a quite few changes but kept the design since it is just lovely!




It was a sample using the stamp set "Be the Star", but I do not own the stamp set, so I substituted it with the retired sets "Many Merry Stars" and "Simply Stars". I heat embossed my stars with Pool Party, and instead of making 2 stars, I made that little border using the die from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die Set. I also die cut the sentiment from the same set. It was sewn onto the star, and the border was sewn onto my favorite Typeset SDSP. I love how it is peeking through the little stars!




I am not sure if the sample used the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp set for the background, it looks more like random splatters. I used the Gorgeous Grunge set for mine ;-) Those tiny stars are another star from the Many Merry Stars set. 
I sewed 3 star sequins right onto my base, I used 2 whites and 1 black instead of all whites. 

This was super fun to make, and I just love how it turned out!



My notes...

Stamp: Many Merry Stars, Simply Stars, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Typeset SDSP
Ink: Pool Party, Tangerine Tango, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Accessory: Metallic Sequins Assortment, Gold Metallic Thread
Tool: Heat Tool, Pool Party Stampin' Emboss Powder, Stars Framelits and Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die Sets, Sewing Machine



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!





No comments :

Post a Comment