Pals Paper Art Challenge 289

Friday, February 26, 2016

Hello my crafty friends!
I am playing along with the Pals Paper Art Challenge today!
I am trying to give more love to my Stampin' Up! products, and as a member of the Pretty Pals, the PPA is a perfect place to do just that!


Pals Paper Arts PPA289


I must say, Ms. Lynn's color choice gave me a very difficult time coming up with a design! But here it is...;-)




Welcome to my Japanese tea ceremony!
I remember going to tea ceremonies with my mom and grandma when I was a kid. 
I can't remember if they dressed me in kimono though... It's a very uptight event and as a child, I did not enjoy much...*LOL* 




I was dying to play with the Cups and Kettle Framelits Set!
I actually heat embossed the stacked cups image from the matching stamp set, A Nice Cuppa, but I didn't like the Blushing Bride Emboss Powder on the Pear Pizzazz cardstock...
So I was staring at my pretty kettle, decided to add vellum on top, and the Botanical Flower design on the vellum gave me the idea of flowers coming out of the kettle. 




I wasn't trying, but those flowers look like cherry blossoms, and my kettle looks like a traditional Japanese iron kettle, and even my watercolored background looks like I spilled some green tea! It brought back those memories from my childhood...love it!



My notes...

Stamp: A Nice Cuppa
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Night of Navy, Watercolor Paper, Botanical Garden Vellum Pack (SAB), Twitterpated DSP
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Night of Navy
Accessory: Subtles Candy Dots
Tool: Cups and Kettle Framelits Die, Bird Builder Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Die-namics Zig Zag Rectangles STAX (My Favorite Things)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!


5 comments :

  1. Oh my Naki, As soon as I saw this I thought about my daughter's class at FSU called the Art of Japanese Tea. She would love this card...you did an awesome job with the colors and love the flowers and placement of them!Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see you playing along, Naki. The flower coming from the tea pot is genius. What a great card! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Naki! So glad to see you again. Love the way you colored the teapot. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts Color Team this week. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea to have the flowers come from the spout of the tea kettle. Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete