Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 346

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Hello lovelies :-)
It's Sunday again and time for another Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!
This week's sponsor is The Paper Shelter!





And we have another lovely color combo for you!
Isn't it just dazzling and so yummy!?
Here is my card ;-)




Isn't this just cute!?
I'll be honest with you, I struggled to use the colors...but love how it turned out!




The sponsor generously provided us a couple of digi images to work with, thank you! And I picked this cutest dragon! I colored her with my new find, silver colored pencil! It came with a gold pencil, which was used to color the little star friend, and they're actually pretty shimmery! Her tummy was colored with the Pale Pink Kuretake Watercolor Brush, and I gave her a pedi and mani with the Strawberry Slush Stampin' Marker! Since I made this dragon a girl, I also gave her a little flower on her head, and matching tutu! Isn't she just darling!? I fussy cut her, and mounted on the big pink star, so cute!




So I decided to use a lot of stars on this card since this cute dragon came with 3 little star friends, also she is looking like a star with her tutu and flower! I had the perfect sentiment for her.  "BE THE" was heat embossed on the banner, and "star" was die cut. Here is another reason why I love photopolymer stamps... I bent the "BE THE" stamp to fit the shape rather than just stamp it straight! So flexible! (get it!? It's flexible because it's bendy, also flexible as it meets many different needs...LOL) Ohh I kill me...;-D




I love how vellum softens any look! I wanted some fun but subtle design behind the dragon, and thick bold chevron stripes are always fun! Plus they're pointy like stars. I layered it on the Strawberry Slush cardstock for more color, but because the vellum tones down the color, it's subtle! I mounted them on the shimmery silver cardstock, just needed that tiny more shine! 

I think this card is so much fun, love that cute girly dragon :-)



My notes...

Stamp: Whimsical Dragon (The paper Shelter), Count The Stars (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, Silver Foil Sheet, Silver Glimmer Paper, Shimmery Silver, Pink Vellum (Studio Calico), Glossy White (Ranger), Sheer Basics Vellum Patterned Paper Collections (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Strawberry Slush Stampin' Marker, Pale Pink Kuretake Watercolor Brush, Gold and Silver Colored Pencils (Tombow), Versamark
Accessory: Strawberry Slush Ribbon, White Glittered Gumdrop (YOur Next Stamp)
Tool: Heat Tool, Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, Stars Framelits Die, Petite Punch Pack, Elle-ments Wonky Stitches Die (Avery Elle), Die-namics Stars and Wishes (My Favorite Things)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Don't forget to visit the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog and check out what the other sweeties have made! Then grab your stuff and link up your beautiful creation!




2 comments :

  1. She's absolutely adorable and so beautifully coloured. I really like the layout and the super diecut word star. Lovely work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said before, lovely card! I really like the sentiment you chose, and the design too!

    ReplyDelete