Newton's Nook Designs

Wednesday, July 31, 2019


Hello, lovelies!
Can you believe today is the last day of July!!?
Hope you're all enjoying this beautiful summer!!!
So I am just making a quick stop with this magical card that is on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog today ;-)


Newton's Nook Designs Believe in Unicorns Set - Naki Rager


I hadn't used the Believe in Unicorns set for ages so decided to give it a little love 💙💛💜
This is the problem when you have so many cute NND sets! (1st world problem...LOL)


Newton's Nook Designs Believe in Unicorns Set - Naki Rager


Okay, so I had another reason for picking this set for today's card.
I've been struggling with alcohol-based markers and kind of given up, but I noticed that Copic has so many pale, soft colors that I love so I ordered this little pastel set and wanted to try.  Well, what do you know!!? It turned out not so bad! So this adorable unicorn was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored in, then die cut with the coordinating die. I also used one of the sentiments and "unicorn dust" from the same set and heat embossed them with gold EP. Oh, and for his horn, I used Nuvo Pale Gold Crystal Drops just between the lines to give some dimension. 


Newton's Nook Designs Believe in Unicorns Set - Naki Rager


This magical background was created on watercolor paper using the new Clouds Stencil and Hills & Grass Stencil from the July Release. I used watercolor paper so that I could splatter a lot of water! For the finishing touch, I sprinkled some iridescent star confetti for more magical effects;-)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Have a lovely rest of the week! 


No comments :

Post a Comment