Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 343

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hello lovelies!
It is time for another Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!
This week's sponsor is Your Next Stamp!





Oh my!
Do you love this week's theme as much as I do!? 
So stinkin' cute and fun!
Here is my take...




Aloha from the paradise!
I got some help from the Sketch and Color Challenge over at Your Next Stamp to create this happy card this week :-) I normally don't combine my cupcake cards with other challenges, but since they're the sponsor this week, it seemed appropriate ;-)


YNSSketch30

YNScolor-30


Besides, look how well they worked!




If you've never shopped at Your Next Stamp, they have these cute boys and girls images from around the world! I ordered "Kai from Hawaii" for this challenge for 2 reasons...
1: My twin boy's name is Kaius, and we call him Kai :-) It is a hybrid of the names Gaius, and Kai, which means ocean in Japanese! 
2: How can you NOT buy this cute stamp!? *LOL*
I stamped him with Stazon Jet Black and colored him with my Kuretake Watercolor Brushes.




As much as I love this sentiment die, I don't get to use it as often.
I die cut in Midnight Muse and Lost Lagoon, and layered them for a little dimension.
And here is my favorite part of this card! I sewed 2 pieces of Lost Lagoon ribbon with zig zag stitches, which look like waves in the ocean! 




I love this card!
The sketch from YNS was really perfect!
I wish I could be there with Kai!!!



My notes...

Stamp: Kai from Hawaii (Your Next Stamp)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Kuretake Watercolor Brush Set, Stazon Jet Black
Accessory: lost Lagoon Ribbon
Tool: Spring Showers, Puffy Clouds Border, Stitched Hillside Border Lawn Cuts (Lawn Fawn), Stay Fresh Elle-ments Die (Avery Elle), Sewing Machine



Thank you so much for stopping by!
hope you enjoyed it!
Don't forget to head over to the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog to see what other countries you get to visit!



7 comments :

  1. I think this is just fab. Kai is a sweet guy and so beautifully coloured. Love all the die cut elements too. Great take on the theme. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a darling card and great take on the YNS sketch! Love this image!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naki, just love your card and your coloring is gorgeous!! Wish I was in Hawaii right now (it's about 3 degrees here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your surfin' Kai from Hawaii is absolutely adorable, especially in this wonderful beach scene you've created for him! How wonderful that your Aloha die had a chance to play, too!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scene you created with the sketch. It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing it in our challenge at Your Next Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naki, I LOVE this card and so does YNS! I just saw that you were top pick! Congratulations!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete