Happy 2016!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Hi friends!
Today I have a card I made for 2 fun challenges!




Mixed Media Card Challenge is celebrating the new year!




I find this photo from the Sparkle and Shine Challenge so pretty and fun! 

Here is my card...




I was totally inspired by the pretty colors and festive balloons!




The Celebrate Today set is my favorite from Stampin' Up!, but hadn't given any love forever! I die cut 3 balloons in Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, and Vellum. The vellum balloon was decorated with the confetti stamp from the same set. The other two were decorated with stars by using embossing paste and the stencil, which I punched some scrap paper with the Confetti Stars Punch. 




Can you believe I don't own a single stamp that says happy new year!? What!?
I used the happy part from the Happy Birthday Border Lawn cut, and the number dies from Studio Calico to custom make my sentiment. I love sentiment dies...:-)




 For my background, I stamped the sparkle image in Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder, then heat embossed the outline with silver, I love it! All it needed was a few silver star sequins!




My notes...

Stamp: Celebrate Today (Stampin' Up!), Scenery: BIGGER Bang Confetti (Winnie and Walter)
Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Vellum, Silver Foil Sheet, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Versamark
Accessory: Silver Star Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Silver Thread, Embossing Paste
Tool: Heat Tool, Solver Stampin' Emboss Powder, Balloon Framelits Die, Happy Birthday Border Lawn Cut (Lawn Fawn), Birthday Bear Die (Studio Calico)



Thank you so  much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



4 comments :

  1. I absolutely love the colors in this card! Thanks for joining us over at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the colors in this card! Thanks for joining us over at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naki, this is just gorgeous! I love how you combined the happy with the year! Just perfect! Thank you for joining us at Sparkle & Shine! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun layered balloons! love the embossed stars, the vellum balloon and the silvery strings! thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete