New Year, New Beginning

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hi there!
I am very excited!
My dearest, lovely friend AKA my partner in crime Nina and her husband welcomed their first baby on Monday! Brand new mama and her brand new baby girl are both doing well :-)
I've had some stuff that I meant to mail to her before the baby's arrival, waaaay before it to be honest with you...lol So I made a card to go with it ;-)




Nina was nesting like a busy bee, and sent me some photos of the new nursery. This card is based on her chic, beautiful room :-)
Do you see that little wrinkle on the right side of the card? It was an accident, but I love it! It adds just a tiny bit but some texture! I think I'll do that purposely from now on...;-)




I am also playing along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge again!
This month's theme is beginning, this certainly is new beginning of their life as a brand new family :-)




Her nursery is black and white with a dash of gold.
It is so chic and pretty!
She has this black and white comforter that has a cute little face of French Bulldog on it, and I love it! I have this stamp set from the cat bundle I bought from Studio Calico, even though he's not a French Bulldog, he's still super adorable ;-) I heat embossed him with black rather than just stamping with ink, just to add some texture. 
Some gold washi tape was applied on that little corner because it looked bare, and more texture.




She just put up these black vinyl polka dots on one of the walls in the nursery, it is super cute! I used one of the dots from the Cool Dudes Stamp set to mimic that wall. I randomly stamped the dots with Versamark on the Whisper White cardstock then heat embossed with black. Her wall doesn't have gold dots, but I felt like adding them on my card. 
I pleated the gold ribbon and sewed it down to kind of break up all the black and white going on. I also added that cute white with tiny gold heart washi tape.




As I said earlier, her nursery only has a dash of gold, but I am very excited about this baby girl so I personally wanted more gold to celebrate her arrival! Does that make sense!? lol

I hope the new mama loves this card as much as I do!



My notes...

Stamp: Baxter Cats and Dogs (Studio Calico), Cool Dudes (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Whisper White, Typeset SDSP, Gold Foil Sheet
Ink: Versamark, Encore Gold Ink
Accessory: Washi Tape, Gold Satin Ribbon
Tool: Heat Tool, Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, Die-namics Cross Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things), Fancy Words Die (Your Next Stamp), Sewing Machine



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



4 comments :

  1. That sure uis great news for the beginning of the year!
    You made a lovely card and also thanks for your compliment on my craftchaos blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your card. And even more when I hear how it fits the recipient's nursery decor. So many lovely surprises on your card - the wrinkle, the ribbon, and that adorable pooch! Thanks for sharing your project with us at the MMCC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun and gorgeous card! I love how you were inspired by the decor and this will make it so special to them! Thanks for sharing at the Mixed Media card challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card and such thought has gone into it. Thanks for sharing with the mixed media card challenge.

    ReplyDelete