Freshly Made Sketches 202

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hi! Happy Saturday!
Today I am sharing a card I made for Freshly Made Sketches!




I really liked this sketch! 
And the samples that the DT members made this week are all so fabulous, they certainly inspired me to play along!
Here is my take...




I have seen so many cute cards with this stamp set, and I just had to have it myself! Those critters are just so darn adorable, and their smiles make you so happy, don't they!?

I have been experimenting with "photo shoots" in different spots in the house...
My house has a lot of windows but I don't get a lot of bright, natural lights in! This is my desk, they came out a bit brighter than usual, but at this point, I am just not sure...lol




I used the biggest paint brush I have and water colored those stripes with Smokey Slate. 
I then stamped my cute hippo and bird on some patterned papers from the I Am Me DSP (LOVE this DSP pack!) and die cut them. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do from there, but when I stamped the sentiment, which is super cute!, I noticed the little music note stamp. So I stamped it on the banner, then die cut my music notes in the same patterned papers. 




I placed everything on my stitched square vellum. I chose vellum because I like my bold stripes and did not want to cover them up! Of course I had to add some sparkles, otherwise it's just not a party!
Don't they look like they're having a good time singing "hippo birdie" !?



My notes...

Stamp: Year Four (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Smokey Slate, Watercolor Paper, I Am Me DSP
Ink: Smokey Slate, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessory: Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tool: Year Four Lawn Cuts (Lawn Fawn), Die-namics Music Notes and Stitched Square STAX (My Favorite Things), Cut Your Own PL Card Die (Becky Higgins)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



3 comments :

  1. These critters are adorable....and I love the big stripes! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love your watercolored background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! I LOVE that little hippo and bird and that sentiment is fabulous! Great colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete