Inky Paws Challenge

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Hello there!
I am playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge over at Newton's Nook Designs;-)



Before you keep on scrolling down, I probably should give a little warning....
If you get scared easily, be brave, it may be too much for you to handle...
Ready!?




Ahhhh! Zombie kitty!!!! *LOL*




Poor Newton...all rotten and green...
I LOVE Halloween, but I do NOT like horror movies! but I love anything with zombies! I know, so weird...LOL My husband plays the Resident Evil games, and I love watching him play! I could never play myself, I am too chicken!! 
So, since I don't own any Halloween sets from Newton's Nook, I made a zombie kitty. I must say though, he is one cute zombie...*Ha Ha* I water colored him with Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze. I also water colored those tomb stones with the same colors.




I got this awesome Halloween die set from MFT last year, but never made anything with it. It comes with creepy but cute fences, tree, ghosts, bats,etc... I die cut the tree and the fences in Basic Black. My pretty blue moon was punched out in that blue vellum. The background was water colored with Elegant Eggplant, then those little stars were heat embossed with silver emboss powder.




It needed a pop of color, so I added a few orange sequins, then I remembered I had some fun, Halloween sequins that I bought years ago. I added some bats and pumpkins. I thought it might be a bit too much, but I like it! What do you think?



My notes...

Stamp: Newton's Sick Day (Newton's Nook Designs), Stars Background (DRS Designs)
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Watercolor Paper, Gold Foil Sheet, Howlstooth and Scarybone DSP, Blue Vellum (Studio Calico)
Ink: Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Versamark
Accessory: Halloween Sequins (Joann Fabric), Orange Sequins, Googlie Eyes
Tool: Heat Tool, Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Die-namics Spooky Scene (My Favorite Things), Sewing Machine



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments :

  1. Oh my this spooky scene is just awesome!! I love the purple background! SO fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love the Zombie Kitty! So Funny... I mean SCARY!! What a fun idea to use the sick day set to create this Halloween Card! Thanks for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.

    - Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete